Pre Engine Checks
1. Check vehicle history
2. Check timing belt replacement interval.
3. Check for damage to bodywork, lamps and trims.
4. Fit car protection kit
5. Check condition and operation of seat belts
6. Check operation of interior and exterior lights
7. Check operation of ABS and/or air bag warning lights
8. Check windscreen washers and wipers
9. Check horn and electric ancillaries
10. Check operation of suspensions dampers.
11. Lubricate all door hinges, locks and bonnet catches
12. Check fuel cap.
Under the Bonnet
13. Check all visible air conditioning components and hoses.
14. Check cooling system including fan operation.
15. Check and record anti-freeze protection.
16. Check and record brake fluid boiling point.
17. Check all auxiliary drive belts (not timing belt).
18. check engine breather system.
19. Check vacuum pipes.
20. Check power steering operation and fluid condition.
21. Check full throttle settings and lubricate linkage.
22. Check battery level and lubricate terminals.
23. Check and top up all under bonnet fluid levels.
24. Replace air filter.
25. Remove and check spark plugs (at specific mileage interval).
26. Replace fuel filter.
27. Replace pollen filter.
28. Change oil, filter and fit new sump plug washer.
29. Check fuel lines and brake pipes.
30. Check the condition and security of the exhaust.
31. Check / top up axle and transfer box oil levels.
32. Check gear box oil level, fluid at extra cost.
33. Check all steering / suspensions joints.
34. Carry out tyre report.
35. Check wheel bearings for ‘play’ and noise.
36. Check CV gaiters and joints for wear or splits.
37. Check clutch wear and adjustment.
38. Grease all greasing joints and leakages.
39. Check operation and condition of front brakes.
40. Check operation and condition of rear brakes.
41. Carry out brake report.
42. Refill engine oil.
43. Torque wheel nuts / studs.
44. Road test vehicle
45. Re-check engine oil levels.
46. Carry out emission report and attach print out.
47. Reset service lights.
48. Remove car protection kit.
49. Clean steering wheel / gear level etc.
50. Stamp service books(s).
For further information on our full car services, contact us via our phone number or Contact Us page