Car Repair Stourbridge
Here at Kissane and Jeffries, we have a team of dedicated and fully trained staff to help motorists with car repairs in Stourbridge, so you can be sure your vehicle is in safe hands. We have been market leaders for over 30 years and we are specialists in a wide range of garage services including MOTs and MOT repairs, car servicing, breakdown recovery and car repairs.
We have comprehensive tooling available to our technicians to ensure we carry out all work correctly, swiftly and to the required expertise you would expect of a local Stourbridge dealership but at a fraction of the cost.
At Kissane and Jeffries, we have worked hard to build a reputation for offering a trusted service that provides real value for money for all our customers in Stourbridge. Our approach is customer focussed – whether an individual customer or a blue-chip company which is demonstrated by our commitment to adhering to ISO 9001 and PAS43 standards.
Our mechanics are fully qualified and experienced in working on most makes and models of vehicles, petrol, diesel and electric, up to 3500kg gross. We also offer free, valuable advice and can answer any questions you may have regarding your vehicle. When working on your car, we will ensure all the options are clearly explained to you along with our personal recommendations.
We can help with:
- Air conditioning – common air conditioning faults include the refrigerant leaking, the condenser being blocked or broken, electrical issues or faulty cooling fans which you’re your car cooling correctly.
- Brakes – from the brake warning light coming on, through to brakes feeling spongey or your car pulling to one side – our technicians can handle a wide variety of brake issues.
- Breakdown recovery
- Car Batteries
- Car Servicing
- Car Mechanical Repairs
- Clutch replacement – a clutch is an important part of a vehicle as it connects the engine to the transmission by allowing you to disconnect engine power from the gearbox, allowing you to move the car into gear or change gears. If your car is struggling to get into gear, makes strange noises or there is a burning smell within your car then it could be a sign your clutch needs to be checked over or replaced.
- Engine Management / Diagnostics
- MOT’s (book online here)
- MOT repairs
- Shock absorbers – shock absorbers help to absorb or dampen the compression and rebound of springs and suspension from hitting bumps, dips or potholes in the road. They help to keep your tyres in contact with the road. However, worn absorbers can cause vibrations, uneven tyre wear, swerving and make your brakes more effective.
- Tyres – tyres must be at the correct tyre pressure, with a 1.6mm tread across 3 quarters of the tread and around the circumference. They should also have no unsafe cuts, tears or bulges. We can repair or replace your tyres if any of them are unsafe.
- Wheel alignment – wheels which aren’t correctly aligned can cause uneven tyre wear and your car could even pull to one side. It can also cause your steering wheel to vibrate and make driving uncomfortable.
- All parts that we fit have a national warranty, giving you peace of mind! Also, if you find a lower price elsewhere for comparative work please get back in touch and we will do our best to match the price without infringing on quality.
Onboard diagnostic scan
As part of our vehicle repair services, we can use your vehicle’s diagnostic port to enable us to read off fault codes which are stored in your vehicles control units. From these fault codes we can further investigate possible related running faults or poor fuel consumption and report the findings back to you.
Car Servicing Stourbridge
As well as offering car repairs, Kissane and Jeffries can also help you with your interim, full or major service.
A car service is usually done once a year at the same time as the MOT (it is recommended to have a full service every 12 months or ever 12,000 miles driven, whichever is sooner). You should have a major service every 24 months or every 24,000 miles, whichever is sooner. If you drive your vehicle more regularly and for long distances then it is also a good idea to get an interim service every 6,000 miles or every 6 months.
Your car vehicle’s owner handbook should detail the full-service history of the vehicle. When you buy or sell your vehicle it is important the service history is filled out so both you or any new owners know the vehicle has been properly looked after.
What are the benefits of car servicing?
Unfortunately, some people can see having their car service as unnecessary if they are having an MOT but there are plenty of reasons why you should have your car serviced regularly.
It will ensure your car is safe and help prevent malfunctions. Many people think if a car has a valid MOT it is safe to drive. However, an MOT only looks at a serious of minimum tests to make sure your car is legally safe. Meanwhile during a service an engineer will take a more in-depth look into your car, which can offer you peace of mind hat the vehicle is working correctly and help spot certain issues before they become dangerous.
It can also help keep an eye on your car’s fluids, oil and internal mechanics which will allow for driving to be smoother, prolong your cars life and fuel efficiency and save you money in the long run.
It also helps maintain your manufacturer’s warranty which may be invalidated if the car hasn’t been serviced.
Kissane and Jeffries are a long established rescue and Recovery Company for motorists in Stourbridge and the surrounding area. They are also an established MOT testing and service station for drivers in the Stourbridge area. In the UK, all cars which are registered for use on the road must pass a mechanical and emissions test, which is known as the MOT or Ministry Of Transport Test. Cars must be tested for the first time after three years, or if the vehicle has been imported, measured from the date of manufacture and every year thereafter.
The MOT’s primary function is a road safety measure by checking all cars and other light vehicles, private buses and motorcycles meet a minimum legal standard of safety. However, it is important to note the MOT test is not a substitute for proper and regular servicing and maintenance of a vehicle and neither does passing the test mean your vehicle is guaranteed to remain safe and roadworthy for the next 12 months.
The earliest you can take your car for its MOT is up to a month before it’s final renewal date and if you do this you can preserve the existing date – in effect giving you up to an extra month on your next MOT. If the vehicle fails the test and still has a valid MOT, then the expiry of the old MOT still stands and if you collect the vehicle and drive it away you won’t be committing the specific offence of driving a car without a valid MOT. However, if it has failed its test then it is highly likely to be an unroadworthy vehicle which is illegal to drive. Therefore, the test result can’t just simply be ignored until the old MOT expires. Furthermore, in the event of an accident you may find your insurance cover is invalid and you could be fined up to £2500, be banned from driving and obtain three penalty points.
The MOT test for vehicle classes 3, 4, 5 and 7 will be carried out in accordance with the criteria set out in the latest edition of the MOT Inspection Manual. However, the way the MOT test defines defects changed in May 2018 as defects are now defined in three categories – dangerous, major and minor. Dangerous and major faults will both result in test failure but minor defects will still result in a pass but should be repaired. Advisory items are still included to identify minor defects which could become more serious in the future. If your vehicle passes the test you will still be issued with a VT20 Pass certificate and if it fails you will get a VT30 Refusal of an MOT certificate but the layout of these have changed to reflect the new laws.
For motorists in Stourbridge and surrounding areas, Kissane and Jeffries offer great discounts for MOT’s and Services when booked together, but please book early to avoid disappointment. If you are a motorist from Stourbridge and would like to find out more about our MOT and Serving options, or simply to find out if your vehicle has a current valid MOT, you can check it out by clicking on the link https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving/vehicle-tax-mot-insurance. You can also view our listing as an approved MOT test station for motorists in Stourbridge here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/active-mot-test-stations.
Why choose Kissane and Jeffries?
- Very competitive pricing structure
- Bookings with as little as 48 hours’ notice
- Comprehensive winter health checks
- ATA qualified technicians
- Approved by AA and RAC
At Kissane and Jeffries, as well as car repair, we also provide service / MOT’s to motorists in Stourbridge to make sure that your vehicle is safe and roadworthy. We also offer a breakdown and recovery service for when the worst happens and you are out and about.
How to find us
Kissane and Jeffries is based in Rowley Regis, just outside Blackheath. From Stourbridge, head onto the A458 towards Birmingham, Halesowen and Lye. At Lye Cross keep heading towards Birmingham and Halesowen onto the Lye Bypass. Turn left onto Furlong Lane. Follow this road to the end then turn right onto Overend Road. At the roundabout take the second exit on the right to Barrs Road go straight onto Beauty Bank and left onto Waterfall Lane. Keep going until you reach a junction, then turn left onto Holly Road. At the first traffic light junction turn right onto Blackheath High Street. At the island take the second exit then turn left by the Lidl. At the next junction turn right onto Station Road and you should see us on the left.